Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bring It On With Your Stories!

I want to thank everyone who posted positive comments in support of this blog exposing the seamy underside of horse rescue, especially Another Chance 4 Horses and Voice for Horses. If it were not for the encouragement from you and many of my friends on Facebook, I would not be writing this blog. It undoubtedly has been a strange and often surreal journey I've been on for the past two and a half years, one that has had its share of ups and downs and many days of discouragement and despair--but on behalf of all the horses that have been cruelly and callously exploited for blood money and the good-hearted people who bankrupted themselves to bring a number of them into their homes and hearts, I feel I must carry on this battle against their exploiters until their day of reckoning comes in the federal court system.

I hope and pray that day is not far off; Christy and her henchwomen have been carrying on their dirty little scam for the better part of a decade and I know there are many, many victims out there waiting for that day to come and to get justice for themselves. Many of them have been intimidated into silence by the likes of Cheryl Hanna, Lori Leach, Colleen Cramblet, Beth Hill Ross, Christy herself, Lisa Drahorad, Pam Davis and others, none of whom have any moral scruples or limits whatsoever when it comes to their detractors.

I am encouraging everyone who has had a negative experience with either AC4h or VFH to come forward and tell their stories here. If you wish to remain anonymous, please inform me and I will not publish your real name, only your experience with either rescue. It's important that we get as many stories out there in the public eye so that others can do their due diligence before ever logging onto PayPal to donate or "bail" a horse from either one of these faux rescues, and equally as important that you share out those stories on Facebook and all over the Internet. The more concrete information that is out there, the more likely people will be to take their business elsewhere--either to a legitimate, HONEST rescue, or directly to the kill buyer auctions themselves.

Remember the axiom, "Silence is golden"? Well, it most certainly is NOT golden in this regard! Remaining silent will only enable Christy and her associates to brazenly continue their scam openly on Facebook and elsewhere. Do not be afraid to speak your mind and tell the whole world what happened to you and the horse you opened your heart to, even if you feel you have to do so anonymously. That is 100% understandable because, as I said earlier, these people will go to great lengths to keep the money train running, and that includes retaliation in the form of bullying, harassment at your home and place of work, infiltration of your personal Facebook wall as well as your friends' and families' walls, and much more.

Any personal information you put out there on your Facebook wall and your friends' walls is fair game for these people and they will ruthlessly exploit it to hurt and destroy reputations and careers, tear apart personal and business relationships, and much, much more. I know, I've been down that road and experienced everything they've dished out--but one thing is certain, and that is, I will not, I repeat, I will not be intimidated into silence--ever. Because it's about the horses and the people who loved them, and justice for them. It's as simple as that.

That being said, I sincerely hope you will have the courage to come forward and share your stories with me and the rest of the world. Please email me at Sarahstryker@aol.com with your experiences, and I will post them verbatim here. If you have a Facebook account, you may also private message me at http://www.facebook.com/sally.schrock.1

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your encouragement, support, well wishes and just being there. We're all in this together, so please don't feel that you're alone or the only one who's been "taken for a ride"!

God bless each and every one of you--

Sally

P.S. I am now back on Facebook after having had my account disabled due to alleged copyright infringement, which proved to be without foundation after a complaint was lodged against me by Cheryl Hanna, who claimed I was stealing her article, "Newtown's young victim Jessica Rekos remembered by a rescued young colt" for inclusion in my note on Facebook. 

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    My name is Teresa Myers and I have been in contact with these people. I personally resqued 3 horses but lost 2 after 10-12 years of old age. I was looking for a horse to keep my 17 year old Arab company and somehow these people contacted me by Facebook and email. I questioned them about several things. One- a pic of a man riding a horse in a barn and in one small pen i know I counted ar least 9 horses. They were piled on top of each other. And dear God the feet on some were horrendous. But they wanted anywhere from $500. To $1500.00 for these babies. I questioned the money and they said it was for vet and farrier fees. They also have opened another place in Va. I believe in Bristol. They are still contacting me about two geldings that may have to be put down. They said all fees had been paid but there were 2 80.00 vet bills due. As I said I find this terrible. It angers me so much... so who do I turn them in to? I saw where the FBI was looking for them. I think they need to be behind bars for exploiting these poor creatures. I am more than willing to help. Thank You